Since its opening in July 2019 The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, terraces, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
Housed in the former Camden Town Hall Annex in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood, the 1974 Brutalist building has been meticulously restored and sets the perfect stage for The Standard’s first hotel outside America. The Standard, London has 266 rooms ranging from our snug Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking the dramatic St Pancras station. On the ground floor, you'll find Double Standard, our street-facing bar and restaurant home of our legendary burger, Aperol Spritz slushy and our Bottomless Sunday Brunch. (Don't forget to book!) Next door is The Library Lounge, where our carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, and, our Sounds Studio, home of our virtual culture hub, Sometimes Radio. Our 10th-floor restaurant, Decimo is back, where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live-fire cooking surrounded by 360-degree views of London - only accessible by our iconic exterior red pill lift.
Following our temporary closure at the end of last year due to the UK wide lockdown we are now set to reopen our restaurants and bars for indoor dining on the 17th May. In preparation for our opening, we are now looking to grow our F&B Team and are seeking a diverse and dynamic individual who is anything but standard! to join our team as a Restaurant Manager and will capture the very essence of this London destination.
As a Restaurant Manager at The Standard, you will become part of an exceptional F&B Management team that oversee an extensive food & drink service across our numerous bars, restaurants, gardens and roof terraces.
Within your role you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to manage service delivery within your restaurant. You ensure your team delivers a consistently high standard of personalised service to our guests. As a member of a skilful management team you will take an active role in guiding, inspiring and motivating your team. Furthermore, you will be involved in the formation of the restaurant budgets, hiring and training process of new employees and work in conjunction with the F&B Manager, Head of Bars to ensure the ultimate guest experience.
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help create an environment where you and the other F&B professionals will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
At the heart of our hotels are of course our people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Restaurant Manager at The Standard, London
While prior experience as a Restaurant Manager is essential for this role, however your individuality is your most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. With this in mind you will also need…
- A proven track record in a similar Restaurant Manager or Assistant Manager role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, destination restaurant or boutique hotel sector
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Be a confident in managing restaurant operations and the order of service in order to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Restaurant Manager at The Standard, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
• Meals on duty
• Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Employee Rates across all Standard properties
• F&B Discounts
• Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
• Tronc Scheme