We aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As an In-Room Dining Manager you are responsible for operating the In Room Dining Department with a strong focus on luxury operations, guest satisfaction, financial performance and employee welfare.
You guide team members by demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all department and hotel standards and use this to provide daily operational success for the In-Room Dining department. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
As an In-Room Dining Manager you report to the Food & Beverage
· A strong focus upon pre-opening hiring requirements resulting in finding the best available talent.
· Create a pre-opening training plan for front of house operations including breakfast, lunch, dinner.
· Assists DOFB during pre-opening to create departmental SOPs.
· Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of IRD including the order taking, set up of trolleys as per standard and the delivery of orders to guest rooms and service apartments.
· Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
· Create and maintain a great synergy between In Room Dining and all other F&B outlets as well as the related Rooms Division departments.
· Always supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the In Room Dining related areas and carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment. This includes the In Room Dining main area as well as floor pantries, storage areas and In Room Dining Equipment.
· Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Chef de cuisine.
· Work with the stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met, and all equipment is properly maintained.
· Assist with the creation and execution of the department’s Budget and forecast.
· Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
· Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
· Working with the team to create new ideas and promotions resulting in increased opportunities for food and beverage sales.
· Maintain high staff morale and team spirit within the department.
· Ensures all required departmental meetings are conducted.
· Ensure point of sales system is always updated and maintained with complete accuracy.
· Conduct daily food and beverage tastings.
· Ensure compliance with all food and beverage policies, standards and procedures, including food handling and sanitation standards.
· Conducts performance management for all team members.
· Be well versed in all necessary Hotel brand standards and history and ensure all direct reports are likewise versed.
· Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
· Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
· Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
· Build strong working relationships with other hotel departments
· Attend meetings with senior management to discuss future business strategies and review ongoing action plans and progress
· Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
· Perform other duties assigned by the managementApply Now