Director of Sales
To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who choose to call The Standard home.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the planning, development, execution, and overall management of the sales programs consistent with, and supporting; the overall business objectives of the property for both core and outer markets.
Who this job will appeal to
• Minimum 5 years of Sales leadership experience.
• Strong leadership, managerial, and communication skills.
• Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
• Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a 4 & 5-star hotel.
• Familiarity with statistical reports.
• Experience in budget strategic planning and execution.
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
• Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Ability to:
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
• Prioritize and organize.
• Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• provide clear directions
• Follow up with subordinates to ensure the completion of projects assigned.
• Understand guests’ service needs.
• Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Understand market segmentation, yield, and inventory management.
What you will be doing
To achieve the financial targets agreed in the hotel’s sales budget.
To work very closely with the Revenue Director and reservations in order to maximize our room yield looking for opportunities at all times.
To manage monitor and review all standards in the sales department
To manage the Sales Team setting and evaluating the monthly targets ensuring that they identify and secure sufficient corporate accounts and group/conference business for the hotel.
To help set the criteria for rates, reservations standards, sales office standards and policies.
To monitor and track the competition at all times through research and relationships.
To act with a sense of urgency in the event of major shifts in the travel industry.
To be fully aware of any advertising or promotion activities of Standard International and our property.
To plan and organize client events for the hotel always ensuring General Manager is aware of these.
Direct and coordinate property Sales and Marketing functions.
Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
Promote positive relations with partners + clients
Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance sales operations.
Work with department heads and corporate staff to develop annual Sales and marketing plans for the company.
Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Serve on the executive committee.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance
Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stoopingApply Now