We're looking for you London!
Global Sales Manager – Europe · MICE & Entertainment Segments · London Base + International Travel · £Competitive Salary + 20% Bonus & Benefits
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Global Sales Manager – Europe who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos.
As our Global Sales Manager – Europe, you’ll primarily focus on, and lead, our European-based sales efforts, with a specific emphasis on both the MICE & Entertainment segments in order to maximize revenue opportunities for our European properties and drive leads and business from the European region into all our Standard Hotels worldwide.
You’ll work in partnership with the Director, Global Sales, to deliver the company’s overall sales strategy and an expectation of regular travel. This is a hybrid position based in London with a minimum of 3 days a week based at The Standard, London so, naturally you work closely with our Director of Sales for London to deliver specific London targets
This is a new role to our business, so we are looking for a self-starter with a proven record of proactive sales efforts to develop their own account list along with consistently seeking opportunities to obtain new accounts. You’ll be an industry expert in order to provide market updates, support and training relating to your market segment to peers and the on-property teams.
Entertainment is part of our fabric at the Standard and to put it simply, it runs through every inch of our culture and DNA; ‘play’ is always just as important as ‘stay’ to our guests. London was the first International Standard property outside the USA, and as we continue to grow our market share your specialist knowledge will help develop our Entertainment sales and business development strategy to proactively target all segments across film studios, music & record labels and the arts [along with those supporting the industry such as PR & Talent Agents, press junkets and Production companies]. This segment will also include entertainment Groups and Events, from small after parties in our Townhouse, through to large events up to 400 so experience of driving business in these areas is essential.
Do you have what it takes to be our Global Sales Manager – Europe at The Standard....
This is not a ‘Standard’ Global Sales Manager role so you will need to have miles and miles of personality and stamina, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high-volume, high-energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Minimum of 4+ years’ Senior Sales experience in MICE &/or Entertainment segments for Luxury, Lifestyle, or boutique hotel sectors, with specific experience of the London (and European) Hotel Markets.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual in other European languages is a plus!
- Computer proficient
- Have strong Business Development skills to develop account leads, contracting accounts, RFP proposals and account management to increase production.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Target driven and results orientated.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates. as part of the recruitment process.
- Bonus scheme
- Meals on Duty (while on property)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Business Travel Insurance (including personal cover for bolt on leisure trips)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities