The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of Every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The server is responsible for all aspects of guest relations, service, and general upkeep of the restaurant and related areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with and provide food and drinks for guests in the restaurant
- Keep the dining room area clean and organized
- Maintain a properly set wait station (see SOPs)
- Make sure all side work is complete
- Review the menu daily for changes and specials
- Describe menu items and wine as requested, per training
- Follow the service and house standards and expectations at all times
- Open all wine/water bottles
- Take orders properly
- Make sure tickets are neat and organized
- Put order through in Micros properly
- Handle all payment methods
- Ensure that all closing side work is thoroughly completed
- Clean and set up tables and trays
- Clean, set up, and breakdown tables, trays, and stations per SOPs
- Check, clean, and maintain all F&B areas constantly
- Polish silverware and glassware in the service stations and kitchen throughout the service
- Assist the bartenders in side work including emptying trash from the bar and waiting for station areas
- Complete all side work duties per SOPs including pre and post-shift, daily, weekly, and monthly duties
- Deliver food from kitchen to floor efficiently
- Ensure guest tables are maintained at all times to company standards and expectations
- Describe food items presented to guests when necessary
- Assist in setting up tables properly
- Work closely with the management team to assess and achieve the daily needs of each outlet and meet the necessary parts for the individual services. This will include but is not limited to:
- Napkin folds – specific design determined by the outlet, store properly in each outlet
- Refill salt and pepper shakers
- Polish and stock glassware
- Polish and stock silverware
- Ensure linen is retrieved and stored properly for each outlet
- Retrieve candles, store them properly, and load votives for each F&B outlet
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years’ serving experience in an upscale, high-volume restaurant
- Knowledge of classic cocktails and general wine knowledge
- Working knowledge of POS systems and cashiering
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Fluent in the English language, write, read and speak. Bi or Multi-lingual a plus
- Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOPs
- Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
- Able to pull, push, carry, and lift at least 40 pounds of force
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Rate $ 15 / Hour Plus Tips
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now