The simple premise behind
The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every
Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to
every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive
environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice, combines with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renown globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for answering and assisting all incoming phone calls in a warm and courteous manner. Responding to all emails in a timely manner. Assisting and coordinating guests requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accommodate guests’ requests including screening calls, wake up calls, do not disturb notices, conference calls, etc.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all happenings within the Hotel and its outlets, in house groups and events, and any other information requested by guests about the hotel. Ensuring accurate information is provided
- Access all functions of our system
- Accommodate all telephone and email requests in a congenial manner within minutes of request
- Route callers to requested guest or hotel personnel / department
- Monitor all telephone lines, prioritizing hold calls
- Document all guest complaints or problems; notify designated department / personnel for resolving the situation; follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Assist in emergency situations as Central Communication Center for hotel
- Assist with Reservation calls. Handle all reservation calls after PBX departure. Process, record, and follow-up any details relative to such
- Receive and process 3rd party credit card authorizations via Celopay
- Provide VIP service to our “Red Members”
- Input guest valet information into Eliminate
- Process confirmation letters for Reservations
- Assist at Front Desk as assigned
- Receive, sort and distribute all guest mail and update information in “Track it”
- Monitor guest facsimile machine for incoming faxes; process outgoing faxes for guests
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluent in the English language: read, write, speak
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
- Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Guest-service oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Prior work experience in a related area
- College degree or currently studying hospitality, business, management
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling various objects
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
Compensation and Benefits
- $24.61 per hour plus tips
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now