The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Restaurant, under the guidance of the F&B Director, including but not limited to guest experience, staff management, ensuring financial procedures, sales and profitability of the Restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for guest service, experience and needs in the Restaurant and other F&B areas of Hotel.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Initiate a complete training of staff, including all menu tests, mock service, and allergy training.
- Work closely as a team and ensure proper communication with all other Managers.
- Responsible for appearance and upkeep in the Restaurant.
- Responsible for the requisition and stocking to par of all products sold/used in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for quality of food, beverage, and service presented to guests.
- Ensure there is sufficient coverage of each scheduled shift.
- Ensure all floor staff side work is satisfactorily completed pre and post shift.
- Ensure floor staff are performing to standard during shift, if not above and beyond.
- Continue to train staff on product knowledge, protocol and any policy/procedure changes.
- Oversee floor staff, ensuring that they adhere to conduct requirements as per Employee Handbook/SOPs.
- Delegate duties to floor staff to facilitate day-to-day operation of the restaurant and be able to fulfill other duties assigned by management.
- Ensure line employees are in properly maintained and appropriate uniform dictated by position.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local regulations as applicable.
- To be instrumental in the running of the Hotel.
- To attend Management training and meetings as required.
- Maintain adequate inventories.
- Share your expertise, engage, supervise, and inspire all actions performed by the Restaurant team.
- Maintain financial awareness of rooms performance by continually reviewing top line revenues, implementing activities to drive sales and practicing sound cost control and waste measures in order generate profits.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork requirements at end of shift, including cash drops, check drops, and night auditor drops.
- Updates time sheets and scheduling records as needed.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of related experience in an upscale, life style hotel operation. Hospitality Degree preferred.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English, multilingual preferred.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.