The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Nightlife Security Officer who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos to join our growing Safey & Security team.
As a Nightlife Security Officer at The Standard, London, you will join a team focussed on ensuring the safety and security of all guest, personnel and property. Working as part of a larger security team, you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to ensure that all of our front and back of house areas are safeguarded against fire, theft or other safety hazards.
As a Nightlife Security Officer you respond with a sense of urgency to any and all emergency situations in a calm and professional manor. Your will undertake a range of security patrols around the premises and be required to deal with various safety incidents involving guests, contractors or staff and act as liaisons with local law-enforcement, food safety and fire department agencies. You will be passionate about delivering a quality Security service with a meticulous eye for detail, maintaining your team’s standards through coaching and training in order to achieve the highest levels of service and presentation.
Above all you become part of a professional and highly trained Safety & Security team that is anything but standard and ensures safety is at the forefront of everybody’s minds!
Do you have what it takes to be a Nightlife Security Officer at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Nightlife Security Officer is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
• A proven track record as a Nightlife Security Officer or Security Supervisor, ideally gained in a bar, restaurant, nightclub or night life environment
• Door management experience at a busy venue would be advantageous
• A flexible approach to work hours, As part of the Nightlife team you would be expected to work until the early hours of the morning, finishing around 3-4am over the weekends.
• A flexible approach to working days, the hotel operates 7 days a week and the Nightlife team are a key part of the operation. Our team mostly work 5 days a week, particularly Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
• To be highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
• Experience across a range of management disciplines, in particular Fire, Health & Safety and Food safety
• Experience of managing and coordinating complex emergency situations
• The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service and safety standards across your team
• All candidates should hold SIA Licence, Personal Licence, First Aid, CCTV control, Fire Marshal and be qualified to a minimum of level 2 in Health & Safety
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Nightlife Security Officer, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities