aim to bring a fresh twist on and new life to dining and nightlife experiences.
Our point of view is informed and refined, and our restaurants, like our
hotels, vibrate with the social energy of our time.
Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As a host you are
for managing the hotel’s food and beverage reservation systems and being the
first point of contact for its guests.
The host will represent the outlet when greeting and seating guests
while maximizing seating opportunities and guest satisfaction.
As a host you report to the outlet manager and assist the Assistant Manager/Supervisor and provide guidance to the other colleagues when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
- Take reservations by phone, by email, through internet booking applications and in person, update the reservations system accordingly as per the standards in place and reconfirm all reservations by phone or email.
- Schedule all reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to service period.
- Constantly update the reservation system with an accurate table count and ensure to update and reinstate all available tables as soon as possible.
- Welcome and escorts guests with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each and every guest with warmth and hospitality.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean, presentable and the menu is complete and distributed appropriately.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance and orientation.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs and settings, organize seating for groups and guests with special needs.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other items that are part of the standard place setting.
- Professionally provide alternative dining options if your outlet is fully booked or offer the guest a seat until a table is ready and keep them updated.
- Report any complaints, incidents or other irregularities to management.
- Attend departmental daily briefings to ensure that all pertinent information is well received by team members.
- Handle guest complaints and comments tactfully, efficiently and make effective service recovery if necessary.
- Maintain daily logbook with clear and concise information on operations.
- Establish guest database with preference records of regular guests.
- To bid friendly farewell to guests and sincerely thank them for their visit.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Secondary / High school education degree
- Relevant experience as a host in a similar luxury hotel or free-standing restaurant capacity providing customer service for at least one years
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals and able to support restaurant servers throughout their daily duties
- Passionate about the hospitality industry
- Aware of the local community and comfortable giving recommendations
- Good communication and customer contact skills
- Service orientated with an eye for detail
- Ability to work well in stressful and high-pressure situations
- A team player and self-starter
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to understand the flow of service and support colleagues