The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice, combines with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renown globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Busser / Runner is responsible to provide supplies and support to all F&B staff. Maintain and clean all service areas and floor areas where sectioned, per side work sheets and SOP’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, clear and clean tables before, during and after the service
- Provide assistance and supplies to all servers
- Polish and stock equipment for operation (silverware, linens & glassware)
- Constant checking, cleaning and maintenance of all Food & Beverage areas
- Run food to guest tables, ensuring correct placement
- Ensure dishes look correct and according to standard before delivering to guest tables
- Ensure guest tables and public areas are maintained at all times to Hotel and Design standards and expectations
- Replenish side stations throughout service
- Complete all side work duties per SOP’s, including pre-shift, post-shift, daily, weekly and monthly duties
- Ensure coffee is made and ready to be served when the Barista is
Always be presentable in uniform, look in compliance with outlet standards and always be on time without complication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Fluent in the English language, multi-lingual is helpful but not required
- Customer service oriented
- Knowledge of food and beverages
- Work efficiently, ability to multitask and task prioritizations skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment
- Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard High Line policies, standards and expectations
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 lbs. without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- $15.00 per hour + Tips
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now