The Standard, Melbourne
Great fun, great attitude? We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Join an exciting pre-opening Hotel team and the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene. Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Assist in delighting our guests, from the moment our guests step through our doors take care of a seamless arrival and departure experience, assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. The Porter is someone that everybody wants to know and become friends with because of their insider knowledge and connections provides information on hotel services and most importantly, make our guests feel welcome. They create the feeling of being the first point of contact due to the frequency and the length of their interactions with guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consider the guest experience in everything you do, always be onstage and delight in offering the best assistance to our guests, and to create the special Standard experience.
- Take pride and personal ownership of our guests’ arrival, departure and overall experience ensuring that it is what you would expect your stay at The Standard, Melbourne to be.
- Maintain 100% guest recognition on all VIPs arriving/departing, repeat guests and company directors visiting outlets.
- Proactively helps with luggage and have a great knowledge of the surrounding area to provide accurate directions.
Create goodwill and nurture working relationships with all colleagues of The Standard and our third-party suppliers.
- Ensure that all business data (including guest information, history, and rates) are accurately maintained in the property management system (PMS)
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness, availability and peak condition of all front office areas, equipment, and supplies, coordinating any repairs or maintenance issues as they arise.
- Project always a positive and joyful attitude yet stay composed under pressurised situations.
- Assist guests in Valet Parking cars, ensuring to follow all local road rules and the greatest level of care is given with guests’ property.
- Keep knowledge of current Melbourne Trends, events and experiences to provide a personalized experience to our guests.
- Assist guests with information and purchases in the Bodega. Ensuring stock levels are maintained and the space is kept immaculate.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Committed to delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- A friendly, outgoing personality.
- Have a valid manual Australian Driver’s License.
- Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to learn and effectively operate multiple IT systems, full training provided.
- The flexibility to work across a 7-day roster, morning, and afternoon shifts.
- Team player with a “can do” mindset.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Outside the box thinking
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply - please email your CV and cover letter to HR - email@example.com