The IRD Waiter will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and demonstrate a professional image for our guests.
- To ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service.
- To ensure a full knowledge of the In Room Dining menu and wine list in order to respond or amend guests requests to their full satisfaction.
- To ensure that the In Room Dining department is always kept clean and in appropriate order.
- To assist and prepare all amenities in order to deliver them in compliance with our Legendary Quality Standards.
- To prepare all orders in compliance with hotel standards and food & beverage specifications.
- To take orders in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner according to guest requirements and hotel standards.
- To up-sell services and products to our guests always, enhancing service and generating further revenue.
- To ensure that all special requests are communicated to the kitchen and to make checks of all trolleys against guest orders, ensuring accuracy.
- To perform the clearing of all trolleys and trays in the wash service area, ensuring efficient rotation of silver, china and glassware as well as minimising breakage.
- To ensure that mise en place are completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide efficient service.
- To perform all duties relating to the posting and voiding of charges in the InfraSys system, according to hotel procedures providing guests with accurate billing.
- To perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel service standards and cashiering policies.
- To perform shift changing in InfraSys system according to meal periods ensuring an accurate breakdown of In Room Dining revenues report.
- To respond to all guest complaints immediately, whenever possible, ensuring attempts to amend situations and satisfy guests.
- To log and report any guest comments or complaints to the manager on duty in room service allowing prompt corrective action.
- To assist and prepare all VIP amenities to deliver them in compliance to our Legendary Quality Standards.
What are we looking for?
- Previous relevant experience.
- To be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be a self-motivator and spread positivity within the team.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Must be able to relate to all levels of Guests and management.
- Can handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our Guest.
- Very good communication skills are essential.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Local and international food and beverage awareness is a plus.
- Very good command of spoken English.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in Greek is a plus.