We're looking for you London!
Experienced Breakfast Manager · Full Time - 5 Days per week · Regular hours / Early Shifts
Let's face it, it's a pretty tough recruitment market at the moment and it seems everyone is looking for that special someone. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV).
We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We can’t promise you marriage at first sight, but we think you'll kinda like us and want to stick around for a while.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Breakfast Manager at The Standard London, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Breakfast Manager at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional restaurant team that provide an extensive breakfast service across our lounge, restaurant and terrace located on the ground floor of the hotel.
With 266 bedrooms at The Standard our Breakfast service is one of our most busy times of the day and you will lead a dedicated breakfast team who oversee this service. It is of course an early start to ensure all mise en place is done before the first guests make their way downstairs or order breakfast in bed from their room. Breakfast at the Standard is A La Carte with all the classics from Avocodo on Toast to Full English; not forgetting our Banana Pancakes with Maple syrup and berries. Sundays are a leisurely affair with Breakfast running in to brunch.
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help create an environment where you and the other F&B professionals will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be a Breakfast Manager at The Standard.
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a similar Breakfast Manager or Assistant Manager role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar 'Casual Dining' or ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Be used to early starts (our breakfast team arrive from around 6:00am) - but are done by early afternoon.
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- Experience with squirrel POS, open table and Fourth HR
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Breakfast Manager, we’d love to hear from you!
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities