Reporting to: Front Office Supervisor, Front Office Manager, Assistant Director of Front Office, and Director of Front Office
In this role of Guest Service Agent is responsible for welcoming guests to the hotel. This includes performing all check-in and check-out tasks, handling bags managing online and phone reservations, informing customers about payment methods and verifying their credit card data, and ensuring all public Hotel spaces are cleaned and well-maintained. The Guest Service Agent will report all guest issues to a manager and in their recap as soon as practicable, and always within the same shift. The Guest Service Agent is expected to be able to work with minimum supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner.
- Assist with bags storage
- Act as a lobby ambassador
- Perform check-in and check-out procedures using Opera. Obtain guest information and ensure that the assigned room type and rate are correct. Review billing with guest upon check-out and obtain the guest’s signature. Ensure Canary information is collected and entered in Guest Profile in Opera.
- Respond to all inquiries through “Hi Stan” via Elated and transfer communications belonging to other hotels of the brand.
- Handle all room service orders. Ensure orders are delivered to the Café to an attendant or Manager.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-Sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures, including posting all charges and completing cashier and other reports.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Respond to and manage guest requests on OTA’s platform (Booking.com / Expedia.com)
- Responsible to maintain an accurate count of individual Cash Bank.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at whatever time of day. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Always maintain positive guest relations.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- scheduled daily activities
- in-house groups
- hotel extension numbers
- cell phone/beeper number/radios carried by hotel personnel
- all special requests (DND, screen calls, etc.)
- hours of operation of each Hotel outlet
- features and services provided by the hotel
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Coordinates transportation to and from the airport.
- Coordinates any room changes or moves.
- Access all functions of associated Front Office systems.
- Accommodate and/or coordinate all telephone requests in a congenial manner within 5 minutes of request.
- Respond to all incoming telephone calls within 3 rings, using proper salutation and closing.
- Upon request, provide guests with recommendations for dining, shopping, and for any other inquiries. Has a thorough and extensive knowledge of the area. Provides guests with directions.
- Accept, record, and deliver wake-up calls.
- Provide callers with accurate information on hotel facilities and services.
- Monitor and maintain a log of all room-related issues.
- Communicates room statuses with housekeeping to coordinate timely check-ins and check-outs. Informs housekeeping of early arrivals and “rush” rooms.
- Document all guest complaints or problems; notify designated department/ personnel for resolving the situation; follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Handle all reservation calls. Process, record, and follow up on any details relative to such.
- Assist at Front Desk as assigned.
- Communicates important information with the previous and next shifts.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submits them to the Manager.
- Understand and be able to assist with hotel emergency procedures (guest evacuations, fire alarms, etc.)
- Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Able to traverse spaces throughout the building as necessary
- Able to move and traverse workspace for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
- Able to pull, push, carry, and lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands
- Previous work experience in a similar area
$23 - $25Apply Now