Design Manager is responsible for assisting the property and SIM Design Team with overseeing the property design at The Standard, Hua Hin. Areas of emphasis will include: furniture, small construction projects, signage, maintenance of existing design, assisting in design development, visual aids, and anything that is style and creatively related which enhances the personality and image of the property.
- Responsible for the design development, processing and follow through of all FF&E, remodel, repair and maintenance projects.
- Assist in ensuring that clear and accurate reporting of active, pending and completed projects is maintained and understood within the team and that all departments are kept abreast of their related projects on an ongoing basis including punch lists.
- Work closely with Department Heads and Management Team to collaboratively ensure all space meets specified standards and all public areas are “in show” status at all times.
- Collaborate with Housekeeping, Engineering, and Food & Beverage Teams to ensure consistent interior design standards are met and all rooms, displays, floor layouts, structures, signage, and any event setups are up to visual standards.
- Execution of all design related projects specified by SIM Design - sourcing material, price comparison, vendor selection and budget maintenance.
- Knowledge and ability to read construction document sets, reading floor plans, distinguishing scale, and understanding spatial relationships of structures.
- Create SOPS (standard operating procedures) for proper maintenance of spaces when needed.
- Scheduling, follow up, and oversight of outside vendor projects in a courteous, efficient, and professional manner
- Process and continual tracking of Purchase Orders and check requests
- Coordination of furniture placement, landscaping maintenance, tools and materials needed for entire property
- Maintenance organization and inventory of all fixture, furniture, and equipment assets on and off property
- Compiling checklist of public spaces and guest rooms to review with Director of Design
- Coordinate on-site installations and communicate scheduled work with relevant in-house departments.
- Source new and replacement materials for projects (locally, nationally, or internationally). At times, traveling to retrieve
- Institute BIG (Brand Integrity Group) on property by holding weekly walkthroughs with GM of space and facilities teams, attending facilities meetings, and contributing/managing repairs emails to make sure items are completed in a timely manner and all visual aspects of property always stay on brand i.e. wire management, paint touchups, ENG repairs, space cleanliness, lighting/music at correct level for the space
- Manage seasonal transitions of property alongside from a visual perspective alongside Facilities team. Along with managing end result, ensure the property always looks up to brand standards during each phase of work of transition
- Must understand basic wood and metal finishes and general contracting terms
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment and commit to project needs/expectations on an individual basis – adapting, accepting and applying immediate changes
- Problem solving in situations without an easy answer; troubleshooting issues before they happen