Event Operations Supervisor
£31,000 [Inclusive of basic salary + Tronc]
Since its opening in July 2019 The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Housed in the former Camden Town Hall Annex in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood, the 1974 Brutalist building has been meticulously restored and sets the perfect stage for The Standard’s first hotel outside America. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, terraces, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
For our dedicated event spaces and suites, we are now seeking an Events Operations Supervisor.
The Townhouse on our 8th floor is an events and meeting destination designed for work and play in mind. Taking inspiration from a 1980s New York Townhouse, it features a living space with mid-century cool sofas, a vinyl library and listening area, two dining spaces, a working kitchen and sweeping wrap around terrace with views of the London skyline. The Townhouse on the 9th floor has a more simple modular design and can easily be transformed from 3 separate rooms into one larger space, all complete with floor-to-ceiling views of the city of London and St Pancras clocktower and station.
As an Events Operations Supervisor at The Standard, London, you will become part of our small inhouse Event Operations team. Working in partnership with our Event Managers and Sales team and reporting to our Event Operations Manager, you will be responsible for our various events spaces and suites.
You will assist with ensuring the setup for the rooms and events spaces are completed to standard and help with communicating special requests, dietary needs, and table plans in conjunction with our Restaurant & Kitchen teams. You’ll work closely with our Event Sales organizers in order to plan and manage private events and ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in order to deliver a seamless and effortless level of service.
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help create an environment where you and the other F&B professionals will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be our Events Operations Supervisor at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
• A proven track record in a similar Supervisory, Senior or Head Waiter/Waitress role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, destination events, restaurant, bar or boutique hotel sector
• To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
• The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
• Experience with squirrel POS, open table and Fourth HR
• We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Events Supervisor we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities