The Standard, London opened in July 1999 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aguachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.
Following our recent re-opening we now have a Casual / Part time opportunity for a diverse and dynamic Cocktail Waiter/Waitress who is are anything but standard! and will capture the very essence of this new London destination.
Our Restaurants and Bars in New York, LA and Miami are legendary. As a Cocktail Waiter/Waitress you will become part of an exceptional team that will provide an extensive drink service in Decimo our top floor destination restaurant, in collaboration with acclaimed Michelin star chef Peter Sanchez.
You’ll be our guests’ all important first point of contact meeting them on arrival and escorting them to their tables in the Decimo lounge, on hand to deal with their queries, provide information and sell and upsell cocktails and drinks. Your exceptional knowledge of drinks will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate cocktail lounge experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations, reservations and order of service; along with a good understanding of managing guest lists, table return times, and flow of guests into and out of the lounge. Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guests with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Cocktail Waiter/Waitress in Decimo at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Cocktail Waiter/Waitress or Host/ess with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or cocktail lounge
- You love going the extra mile to ensure our guests have an amazing experience at Decimo, and will leave wanting to come back again and again.
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Confidence in bar and restaurant operations, reservations and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using Open table and Squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and evenings
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Cocktail Waiter/Waitress, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities