The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while our garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
As an Assistant Restaurant Manager at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional restaurants team that will provide an extensive food & drink service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that will be located in the hotel; including our top floor destination restaurant in collaboration with acclaimed Michelin star chef Peter Sanchez.
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help create an environment where you and the other F&B professionals will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be an Assistant Restaurant Manager.
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a similar Supervisory, Senior or Head Waiter/Waitress role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, destination restaurant or boutique hotel sector
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- Experience with squirrel POS, open table and Fourth HR
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Assistant Restaurant Manager, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £600
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities