This position is concerned with guiding the success of the Food and Beverage Department by leading the implementation of strategies and initiatives to realize the property’s vision. Positioning and operating the property appropriately in the market against competitors, realizing the revenue, financial and guest service goals established, while inspiring a high performing culture
Required skills and Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
• Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
• Comprehension: Excellent command of the English language. Multi-lingual is helpful but not required.
• Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking and task prioritization skills.
• Service: Level of service consistent and uniform in accordance with established standard’s per SOP’s.
• Hygiene and Sanitation: adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s. Ongoing cleaning and maintenance of workstation according to established procedure.
• Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
• Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, Miami policies, standards and expectations. While on the floor identify and report real or potential problem situations to Management immediately.
• Provides strategic and operational leadership, guidance, direction and tactical expertise on Food and Beverage concepts.
• Drives hotel profitability through revenue generation in various F&B outlets, cost control, guest satisfaction and team retention
• Maintains adherence to budgeted operation costs, payroll, and overhead
• Continually working towards improving sales revenues to meet or exceed budget.
• Prepares all financial reports from annual budgets to monthly forecasting
• Responsible for directing and organizing the Food and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food and beverage product
• Developing teams and driving a positive work environment
• Consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction.
• Drive sustainability strategy and initiative across all F&B operations
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of F&B products, inventory and equipment (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and pilferage
• Lead the selection of key new vendors with procurement and maintain strong relationships to continuously identify and deliver on innovative ideas and expanded offerings
• Responsible for the selection of key leadership personnel for Food and Beverage Department
• Ability to work with design team on developing new concepts, creating and driving the new openings action list
• Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must work well in stressful high pressure situations maintaining composure and objectivity
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc, from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Maintains a high profile in the operation
• Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
• Ensures all management is effectively communicating and disseminating information to employees
• On going communication with the chef; maintains open and effective front of house and back of house relations
• Assigns operational responsibilities to subordinates and follows up
• Provides leadership and sets the examples
• Maintains constant communication with other departments in the Hotel
• Suggests ideas to the General Manager for discussion and implementation
• Member of the executive committee, directly contributing to the overall operations and Management of the hotel
This position does work on the weekends due to business needs.
• Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands
• Work with sharp objects in a safe manner
• Work around flammable materials
• Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes
• Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 50 pounds of force
• Occasionally kneeling, sitting, crouching and climbing
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Meals
- Matching 401K plans
- Company hotel / F&B Discounts
- Wellness Program to include use of our gym & spa, yoga & fitness classes, and more!
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed- amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.