· Check Main Items for Dinner Service and make sure they are ready for use
· If something is missing, take care of problem immediately
· Supervise and assist staff as they prep for dinner shift
· Monitor the cleanliness of each station, make sure that they maintain their work areas
· Must make sure the kitchen stays open until all tables have food including dessert
· Maintain and encourage respect between kitchen and front of the house
· Coordinate with FOH manager to communicate 86’s, specials and end of the night checkout
· Must inspect every plate for proper seasoning, temperature and neatness before it leaves the kitchen
· You must manage your time as well as manage their time.
· Must organize time and manage breaks for hourly staff.
· Must make sure that all staff adheres to the guidelines of their perspective jobs.
· LEAD BY EXAMPLE!! You will be held too much higher standards then those of the hourly staff.
· Must always be punctual
· Must be properly groomed according to handbook standards
· Must be in complete uniform when starting shift
· Must maintain a clean uniform.
· Must have a good attitude and act professionally at all times
· Must respond immediately when asked to do something by EC
· Help clean, consolidate and organize all coolers and freezers as directed by EC
· Must bring own knives and tools
· Must keep knife sharp at all times
· Training and management of kitchen personnel
· Supervision and coordination of all related culinary activities
· Strong knowledge of kitchen operations, inventory/cost control, product consistency
· Experience in menu and recipe development with an appreciation for local ingredients
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles and P&L accountability
· Excellent organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties, staff, vendors and guests
· Strong leadership and staff development skills
· Excellent communication skills with both staff and management which includes strong conflict resolution skills
· Ability to follow and give direction and respond with appropriate actions in a timely manner
· Self motivated, customer service and detail orientated
· Ability to multitask with a calm sense of purpose
· Punctual and reliable
Education and Experience:
• Minimum two years as a chef or an executive chef
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.Apply Now