The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping Unit in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines, as well as directed by the Director of Building Operations. The main responsibility is to assure that the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times throughout the property.
- Directs Housekeeping Department staff and a commercial laundry within budget, with quality and on schedule.
- Supervises a staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, developing policies and procedures to ensure goal achievement.
- Enhances company posture on EEO/ADA by making good faith effort to recruit, select, develop and retrain protected class employees.
- Evaluates safe work practices in job performance reviews.
- Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and the appearance of Housekeeping areas, and performs regular inspections of guest areas and rooms for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Performs regular inspections of guest, ancillary, and common areas for sanitation, order, safety, and comfortable environment.
- Assures that Housekeeping staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Inspects storage areas, utility, trash and janitorial closet, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Requisitions all Housekeeping supplies and equipment and maintains adequate inventory levels to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Recommends to the Director of Building Operations, budgetary amounts to meet the equipment and supply needs of the unit.
- Develops and maintains written policy and procedures for housekeeping and laundry services and activities with other related units.
- Communicates with other unit supervisors to adequately plan for Housekeeping services and activities.
- Coordinates Housekeeping/Laundry services and activities with other related units.
- Coordinates and monitors guests’ moves and responds to their requests promptly and according to policies.
- Coordinates repair needs with facilities department and champions HotSos.
- Processes payables efficiently, according to policies and procedures.
- Prepares and plans the Housekeeping department's budget and submits to the Director of Building Operations for review and approval.
- Performs other job duties and projects as directed.
- Seeks out new methods and principles, and incorporates them into existing Housekeeping practices.
- Attends and participates in Head of Department Management Team meetings.
- Serves on assigned committees of the facility and provides written or verbal reports of the Housekeeping services and activities as required by the committee's guidelines or direction.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities for personal growth and development
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
supervisory and managerial skills such as: communicating, training, delegating,
follow through, organizing, prioritizing and the ability to meet
deadlines. Proficiency in the English
language, including: written, verbal, reading, spelling and grammar.
Math skills required.
- Must be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment in decision-making.
- Support and promote all hotel and company programs, policies and procedures. Working knowledge of common computer programs
- Staffing: train, delegate, direct, discipline, motivate, and supervise housekeeping staff.
- Possess a very strong eye for detail and sense of style.
- Experience with proper cleaning techniques, use of cleaning equipment, and knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Able to work for extended periods of time while on your feet and endure abundant physical movement in carrying out job duties.
- Maintain confidentially of hotel guests and ensure the security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Experience working and managing in-house laundry facility.
- Flexible hours are required, including holidays, weekends and supervisory coverage when needed.