Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is
done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Direct: Director of Front Office
Front Office Managers
Internal: Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales, Food and Beverage, Security, Events, HR
All back and front of house areas.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be hospitable, consistently respectful towards colleagues and guests.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work calmly, quickly and effectively under pressure.
- Proactively greets guests within the lobby environment, identifying needs and fulfilling appropriately.
- Monitors traffic flow and guest queues within lobby; directing guests as appropriate to minimize wait times.
- Actively identifies, acknowledges, diagnoses, and resolves guest concerns following service recovery protocols.
- Enthusiastically promotes features, venues and outlets.
- Assist with any hotel requirements
- Tags and places guest luggage in storage at guest request. Retrieves luggage for guests from storage.
- Assist GEM with VIP meet and greet.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up in lobby area and public spaces
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling various objects
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Guest-service oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Prior work experience in a related area
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.