We are looking for an upbeat, outgoing, go-getter to be our F&B and Rooms Reservationist!
The Food & Beverage and Rooms Reservationist provides prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for restaurant, bar, and guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information.
Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Reports To: Director of Revenue, Director of Food & Beverage, and Reservations Manager
Standard Brand Ambassador:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with The Standard, High Line policies, standards, and expectations
- Guest-service oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to multitask, work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Prior work experience in a related fields
- College degree or currently studying hospitality, business, management
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel facilities/services, hours of operation.
- All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations.
- Room availability for any given day.
- Restricted dates, rates and room types.
- All room rates, packages and promotions.
- Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies, corporate reservations center.
- Entertainment/special events scheduled in the hotel.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Answer telephone calls within three rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, telex, mail, internally and through corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files.
- Maximize rate for all reservations.
- Promote and sell holiday and other packages to callers requesting reservations on designated dates.
- Assist callers with dining room reservations and amenity orders.
- Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out dates.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., share withs, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure accuracy.
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest message).
- Document all information for manual reservations on designated form.
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Obtain approval from Front Desk management for same day reservations on near sell-out dates.
- Process confirmation letters.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Initiate deposit refunds for non-group reservations.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or convention requests to the Sales Department.
- Create individual files and group masters with designated information for each group booking received from the Sales Department. Update changes received from Sales.
- Set up group room blocks in the system. Book group reservations against the room block.
- Input group rooming lists.
- Monitor group cut-off dates and review with Sales or group contact.
- Review group resumes and convey all pertinent information in the system to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
- Process requests for mailing brochures, correspondence and package information.
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Agent.
- Reconcile third party commission reservations
- Know how to use the OTA extranets
- Run additional reporting for reservations as needed.
- Enter knowcross hotel order for guest complaints
- Contact area hotels for availability and rates.
- Assist PBX and Front Desk as assigned.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
- Assist with restaurant and bar reservations or requests
- Use Sevenrooms to assist with restaurant reservations and requests