The Business Development Director is an essential driver of the Company’s continued Global growth. Responsible for finding new opportunities, researching leads, establishing relationships with potential clients and arranging appointments for meetings. Collaborate with Design team to ensure that all brand requirements are met. This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Development for Standard International.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the identification and assessment of new hotel opportunities for both The Standard Hotels and Bunkhouse Hotel groups.
- Responsible for underwriting, due diligence, and assistance with legal negotiations.
- Responsible for originations, investor outreach, communication and term sheet negotiations.
- Work collaboratively with Standard’s Design Development and Operations teams.
- Understand and embody The Standard Hotel brand.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Arrange and lead business meetings with prospective clients.
- Provide analyst work, to include but not limited to underwriting models, requests for proposals, and written property assessment reports.
- Maintain deep industry knowledge and business relationships. Positive and long-term relationship building.
- Expand and cultivate new meaningful connections with targeted operators, hoteliers and other industry partners.
- Initiate connections and introductions with operators and developers to present and market The Standard brand.
- Craft and execute a business development strategy that leverages Standard existing portfolio while also securing new work in the lifestyle and luxury hospitality industry. Targeting a broad range from boutique hotels to destination resorts.
- Follows direction and tasks assigned set by SVP, Business Development.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 4+ years’ minimum experience underwriting.
- Experience working with Developers and Hoteliers, specifically with lifestyle and luxury brands in both renovation and new construction, highly preferred.
- Extensive feasibility contacts withing the industry.
- Computer proficient, experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Communication skills in English and Thai, both written and verbal.
- Required to travel on an as needed basis.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.