Since its opening in July 2019 The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges, and event spaces throughout the building.
At the heart of our hotels are, of course, the people who through their vibrancy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking an experienced and dynamic individual that will capture the essence of The Standard, London to join us for a 9-12 month Maternity contract (starting at the end of the year) as a Marketing & Culture Manager.
As our Marketing & Culture Manager, you will oversee the say to day management of our Marketing & Culture Department while our Marketing Director is on Maternity Leave. Working in partnership with our senior hotel management team & corporate marketing team in New York you will deliver and coordinate a diverse range of marketing initiatives and services for the hotel.
The Standard, London is our first international property outside the USA and you will have full responsibility for driving the local marketing plan and continue to development of key neighbourhood and London based partnerships (such as London Fashion Week, Frieze Art Week & Pride.). You will also be responsible for delivering a range of events, programming, and cultural benefits to The Standard and local Kings Cross communities (past examples of our eclectic events include the Gal-Dem Election All Nighter, Dazed & Young Turks Halloween Party and Arizona Muse on Sustainability in Fashion Panel).
You’ll manage the overall digital presence of the Standard, London both as a community manager and planner for our social channels where you’ll post, share and respond to comments and messages in the Standard tone-of-voice, and overseeing the hotel’s website. Our Marketing Director and New York team will be on hand remotely to amplify these efforts on a paid and organic basis and help create engaging and exciting social content.
On a day to day basis, and with the dedicated support of a Marketing and Culture Coordinator, you will support the wider Hotel, Restaurants and Bars with promotional campaigns and be the point of contact for all design – digital content, flyers, signs, newsletters etc and oversee the creation of inhouse collateral and materials. You will act in collaboration with the New York team on brand campaigns and content including regular photo shoots and editorials across the property. You will also manage our two local London PR agency to ensure they are delivering regular media coverage for the hotel and its F&B outlets across key press and targets. You will also be responsible for inviting talent to the hotel and have a good understanding of the influencer and VIP world.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Marketing & Culture Manager role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
Do you have what it takes to be our Marketing & Culture Manager at The Standard, London?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. As this is a Maternity cover contract we need a proactive self-starter and are ideally seeking an individual with a Marketing background in the Hospitality industry. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Marketing Manager (or similar) with a diverse understanding of all marketing disciplines
- Experience in developing and managing a calendar of campaigns & content, partnerships and social media communications – excellent copy writing skills, InDesign and graphic design skills are an added bonus.
- Digital marketing experience with a solid understanding of Facebook ads, Pay-per-click and SEO
- Excellent financial acumen and understanding of marketing ROI deliverables
- Enthusiasm is mandatory, but you will also be highly creative with plenty of proactive blue sky thinking to develop proactive bespoke solutions and ideas that get people talking and generate press.
- Ideally, you will have hospitality experience for this role; however in addition to this candidates with a background in similar culture-based industries such as music, arts, fashion, entertainment are particularly welcome
- Connections: a little black book of brands, partners, press and influencers to call on.
- It goes without saying that you are super organized, an amazing planner and able to manage lots of projects at once while seamlessly handling inbound requests from the team and leaders.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Marketing & Culture Manager for this Maternity cover contract, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.