- We aim to bring a fresh twist on and
new life to dining and nightlife experiences. Our point of view is informed and
refined, and our restaurants, like our hotels, vibrate with the social energy
of our time. Core to the experience of The Standard Bangkok Mahanakhon, is our
food and drink offerings aiming to broaden people’s horizons while engaging and
intriguing our communities.
Throughout the Food & Beverage Division you create unique experiences for guests going above and beyond for them to have extraordinary experience within and across the different outlets.
As an outlet server you demonstrate technical skills and product knowledge and use this to provide daily operational success for the Food and Beverage outlets. You cherish these moments, work together as a team, promote harmony, enhance productivity and have fun.
As a restaurant supervisor you report to the Outlet Manager, assist the Assistant Manager and provide guidance to the restaurant servers when needed.
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task.
- Attends all necessary communication meetings on time without possibility to delay others.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings, and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
- Be able to operate and train on operating the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service and generating increased revenue.
- Perform and train on performing any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned. Ensuring that all areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the restaurant manager, oversee and manage shifts effectively to ensure a smooth and effective overall operation, and provide direction and support to all restaurant colleagues at any time.
- Maintain and ensure on the maintenance of the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness. Follow the guidelines that are provided for this.
- Monitors guest satisfaction and ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on the guests’ needs. Maintain a strong guest relationship and notify your direct reports when problems or complaints occur.
- Follow and ensure compliance of guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol.
- Ensure team product knowledge is maintained, updated and regularly tested.
- Assist the management team to carry out training activities of the outlet including, role plays and on the job trainings.
- Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues and superiors in operational tasks.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP & FIFO)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum Secondary / High school education degree
- Relevant experience as a supervisor in a similar luxury hotel or free-standing restaurant capacity providing customer service for at least two years
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals and able to support restaurant servers throughout their daily duties
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred
- Passionate about the hospitality industry
- Aware of the local community and comfortable giving recommendations
- Good communication and customer contact skills
- Service oriented with an eye for detail
- Ability to work well in stressful and high-pressure situations
- A team player and self-starter
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to understand the flow of service and support colleagues