Join an exciting, pre-opening Hotel to launch the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene. The StandardX, Melbourne will be the first Standard Hotel in Australia and the first StandardX globally. YOU get to not only launch the brand globally but also help create it as we grow.
Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
WE ARE #anythingbutstandard
- Create, plan and drive the Hotel’s marketing strategy through social media and traditional marketing channels in collaboration with both the Hotel’s Executive team, Regional and Global office
- Build strategic marketing campaigns driving broader brand awareness, increasing market share, and driving consumer awareness and preference
- Develop strategic relationships and networks with media, corporate partners, our local community, and influencers.
- Create and manage content on our website and LinkedIn site
- Manage social media channels and messaging with engaging, active content
- Develop and plan PR strategies in line with our Brand to target media events, promotions, site inspections with journalists and influencers
- Analyze performance data, track campaigns to gauge the success of campaigns and ROI to influence future planning
- Prepare regular reports outlining the success of campaigns, competitor activity, new market opportunities, the various marketing channels and consumer feedback to share with the Executive and Regional teams
- Manage the performance and relationships of all outsourced providers
- Support the internal team for any content / creatives needed to drive the Hotel’s ongoing events and happenings
- This is a Global Brand Pre-Opening: This calls for deadlines; creativity; passion; dedication and hard work, which will be celebrated immensely when we launch the first StandardX in the world
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic, and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
- 3+ years in a senior, strategic marketing role developing plans, creating content, communicating effectively and meeting budgets
- NO HOTEL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! We don’t want to be like other hotels, so an ‘out of the box’ approach is not only welcome, but encouraged
- Skilled in Brand communication with strong digital capabilities, strategic e-communication and database strategy skills
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders and outsourced providers to ensure that our Brand and business objectives are met
- This is an autonomous role which will fit a go-getter that is always trying to take the Hotel and the brand to the next level
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
Think you've got the " X Factor" - please hit the apply button or register your interest @