Our mission is to provide creatively inspired hospitality that successfully achieves the best in hotel service but also delivers unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and local communities—always leaving people with surprise and delight.
We bring these promises to life by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators and guests that choose to call The Standard home.
We are anything but standard. Our DNA is unconventional, dynamic and irreverent.
Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
Dynamic: We give guests what they want before they know they need it
Irreverent: Play is always just important as stay.
Food and Beverage
Job Overview: The
F&B manager is responsible for maximizing profits of the restaurant,
scheduling employee shifts, training staff, and maintaining consistently high
levels of standards of service.
Reports To: Director
of F&B, General and Assistant Manager
Standard Brand Ambassador:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 40 pounds of force
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Extensive knowledge of Squirrel
- Have an outgoing, upbeat personality, positive attitude, flair
- Can handle the pressure of a high volume, high energy outlet
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader
- Can maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication and management skills
- Guest service oriented
- Previous work experience in restaurant management
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for guest needs and service in restaurant and related areas of hotel
- Recruit and process staff for outlet where and when necessary
- Initiate a complete training of said staff, including all required documentation and tests
- Assure all new front of house employees have received training materials and are properly tested before receiving scheduled non-training shifts
- Work closely as a team and communicate effectively with all other F&B managers
- Responsible for appearance and upkeep of areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the requisition and stocking of all products sold/used in area of responsibility
- Responsible for quality of food, beverage, and service presented to the customer
- Ensure there is sufficient coverage of each scheduled shift that you are leading
- Ensure all floor staff work is satisfactorily completed pre and post shift
- Ensure floor staff are performing up to standards during shift, if not above and beyond
- Continue to train staff on product knowledge, protocol and any policy/procedure changes
- Oversee floor staff, ensuring that they adhere to conduct requirements as per Employee Handbook/SOPs
- Delegate duties to floor staff to facilitate day to day operation of the restaurant and be able to fulfill other duties assigned by management
- Ensure line employees are in properly maintained and appropriate uniform dictated by position
- Responsible for completing all paperwork requirements at end of shift, including cash drops, RS check drops, and night auditor drops
- Complete tip sheets and daily logs
- Perform other duties as per requested by GM, ASM, and F&B Director
- Welcome guests, seat tables, and maximize
selling potential of the restaurant area.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.