The Junior Design Manager position is responsible for supporting the Design Department in creating design briefs, design presentations, space planning studies, interior design and FF&E coordination. Instrumental in supporting team in all project graphic tasks and liaising between the Chief Design (CDO) and other departments (marketing, graphic, business development) for graphic consistency and brand integrity across teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the CDO with design presentation and project briefs and for the follow through with other projects consultants and other departments as needed.
- Assist department with the preparation of interior layouts, space studies, project management related to prospective projects, new builds or renovations.
- Interact with other departments and consultants/ vendors to ensure all requests are being completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all assigned projects with selected departments and vendors. Ensure that all necessary communications are handled in a proactive and professional manner.
- Assist in ensuring that clear and accurate reporting of active, pending and completed projects is maintained and understood within the team, and that the documents are distributed accurately and on time with project schedules and timelines.
- Responsible to maintain and file flow of new project information (in and out) for easy access by global team.
- Responsible for internal interior design and presentation templates and project trackers.
- Tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 1+ years' post-graduate related experience in interiors. Hospitality experience preferred.
- Professional degree in Interior Design.
- In depth understanding of space planning, FF&E specifications & design documentation.
- Experience managing presentations, design proposals, renovations and/or new construction projects.
- Strong creative drive, with attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Able to change focus when needed while making regular progress on assigned projects.
- Ability to coordinate multiple long-term projects in parallel and in conjunction with short-term assignments.
- Strong computer skills and excellent conversational / communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate creative concepts.
- Able to laugh at the impossible and enjoy a challenge.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in CAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Software & Microsoft Office.
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of a second language preferred.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and negotiating skills.