The Standard, Melbourne
Fulltime Position Available
Calling all night owls!
Join an exciting pre-opening Hotel team and the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene. Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner.
- Assume the senior Manager on Duty responsibility and assist with any complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and implement the necessary actions to bring them to a resolution.
- Supervise and be actively involved in daily night front office operations to meet guest and team expectations.
- Review handover notes from the Front Office leadership team and handle any outstanding tasks.
- Conduct nightly pre-shift briefings for night team members.
- Monitor any remaining arrivals, departures, and VIPs to ensure guests receive a seamless experience.
- Ensure all aspects of the guest reservation is prepared ready for their arrival, including the room and any special requests.
- Review and assist with daily room assignments and requests.
- Perform check-in and check-out procedures using the property management system (PMS) ensuring all guidelines are adhered for registration. Obtain guest information and ensure that the assigned room type and rates are correct.
- Respond to all channels of communications for night shift via phone, system, in person, email/message/text correspondences in a timely fashion.
- Be fully aware of local attractions, site, able to provide directions for the Hotel, nearby landmarks, and assist with guest requests. Able to provide the required assistance in absence of guest experience team.
- Conduct, monitor, and assist in morning wake up calls.
- Review all room statuses on a nightly basis via the property management system (PMS) accurately for vacant and occupied status.
- Ensure that no show revenues are maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Check billing instructions, monitor guest credit and act upon any discrepancies, inform Front Office Management of any issues.
- Complete an accurate reconciliation of all Hotel postings and payments before the end of the day.
- Process end of day/end of month procedures on a nightly basis that include batch settlements and various other Hotel reports.
- Ensure all finance reports are accurate and be compliant of all Standard operating procedures.
- Ensure PMS rolls successfully, ready for the next day of business.
- Provide lobby and front drive presence to ensure flow of traffic is under control and ensure all aspects of valet services are seamless.
- Provide a consistent level of guest recognition and deliver of personalized services.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of room rates, room packages, room types and room availabilities.
- Assist with room reservation calls for modifications, bookings, and cancellations when needed.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Maintain Manager on Duty cash float during shift and follow hotel cash float procedures.
- Analyse rate variance report for room revenue control and rebates.
- Liaise with guest experience team in handling all guest requests.
- Supervise all luggage handling with Concierge team.
- Be fully conversant with hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures/guest evacuations.
- To perform regular security and safety walks through the hotel to foresee any risk to staff and guest.
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Perform other duties assigned by leadership team.
- Experience with Hotel PMS systems, preferably Opera
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Committed to delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- A friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- The flexibility to work across a 7-day roster.
- Team player with a “can do” mindset.
- Hotel background in rooms division, prior duty manager/night manager experience required.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Outside the box thinking
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply - please email your CV and cover letter to HR - email@example.com Apply Now