The Hostess is responsible for monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. The hostess is often responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task
- Complete knowledge of any hotel and / or Food and Beverage related SOP’s and follow them
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service experience and generating increased revenue.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness. Follow the guidelines that are provided for this
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
- Knowledge of all relevant Hotel as well as Food & Beverage SOP’s and standards and ensures compliance and following
- Take reservations by phone, by email, social media, through internet booking applications and in person, update the reservations system accordingly as per the standards in place and reconfirm all reservations by phone & email.
- Follows the order taking protocol and to 100% ensures all special needs / requests / dietary requirements are noted down and communicated to kitchen and service
- Before promising the guests of any NON-standard arrangement, checks and reconfirm if its possible with the Restaurant Manager and/or Supervisor
- Schedule all reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to service period.
- Constantly update the reservation system with an accurate table count and ensure to update and reinstate all available tables as soon as possible.
- Welcome and escorts guests with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each guest with warmth and hospitality.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean, presentable and the menu is complete and distributed appropriately.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance and orientation.
- Professionally provide alternative dining options if your outlet is fully booked or offer the guest a seat until a table is ready and keep them updated / manage a waiting list / queue system.
- Report any complaints, incidents or other irregularities to management and F&B office
- Attend departmental daily briefings to ensure that all pertinent information is well received by team members.
- Handle guest complaints and comments tactfully, efficiently and make effective service recovery if necessary.
- Maintain daily logbook with clear and concise information on operations.
- Establish guest database with preference records of regular guests.
- To bid friendly farewell to guests and sincerely thank them for their visit.
- Any other tasks assigned by management