The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling... At the cultural heartbeat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests, and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event, and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5-page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background, and lifestyle and are now looking for an Executive Chef who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos.
Do you have what it takes to be our Executive Chef at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach?
This is not a ‘Standard’ Executive Chef role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion; be social and creative; upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high-volume, high-energy environment and be able to work equally well both independently and as part of a wider management team. We are seeking a dynamic culinary professional to lead their respective team as Executive Chef. Someone who is inspired by culinary cultures and takes pride in creating menus that leave guests already dreaming of their next visit. This position is concerned with the development and oversight of the overall strategic vision of the culinary program, including profitable financial management, effective leadership, excellent customer service, and supervision of department requirements and standards. The Executive Chef is responsible for food at four outlets including Lido Bayside Grill, Monterrey Bar, Cafe Standard, and Belle, as well as Catering Events at our tropical oasis. If all the above is already making your mouth water, let’s heat things up together!
What you will be doing
- Oversee all activity in the kitchens, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing, and manage the culinary budget
• The Executive Chef serves as a role model and mentor to the Chefs and cooks and must lead by example
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Back of The House.
• Build morale and create an ongoing positive work environment, using established as well as newly developed initiatives
• Meet the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives
• Maintaining overall food and labor cost within budgetary guidelines
• Ensuring overall profitability of the kitchen
• Ensures excellence in guest satisfaction by exceeding expectations
• Oversee bi-monthly and monthly inventories of supplies and food products and ordering of these items
• Building apprenticeship and staff development programs
• Make changes that respond to the market and to guests needs, both present and anticipated.
• Responsible for BEO’s and ensuring the end product in up to our standards of excellence
• Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work areas adhering to all OSHA regulations and Florida Health Department
• Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience in high volume and multi-outlet resorts.
- Must have experience with events and banquets.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations maintaining composure and objectivity
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving
- Maintains a high profile in the operation
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between all teams
- Ability to effectively deal with internal conflicts, requiring patience, tact, diplomacy, and collection of accurate information to resolve said conflicts
- Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
- Ensures all management is effectively communicating and disseminating information to employees
- Ongoing communication with the Director of Food and Beverage; maintains open and effective front-of-house and back-of-house relations
- Assigns operational responsibilities to subordinates and follows up
- Provides leadership and sets the examples
- Maintains constant communication with other departments in the Hotel
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands
- Work with sharp objects in a safe manner
- Work around flammable materials
- Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 50 pounds of force
- Occasionally kneeling, sitting, crouching, and climbing
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers
We actively look for and embrace individuals that bring a unique perspective to the team and do not ask you to conform, but rather celebrate your individuality. We understand that as a member of our family, there are certain benefits you should be awarded and thus are pleased to offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Wellness Program which includes free use of our gym & spa facilities, yoga, bootcamp, pilates classes, discounts on spa treatments, discounts on meals at all our outlets.
- Paid Time Off – start accruing after day 1 to earn some future paid days off. We don’t care if you want to use it as personal, sick, or vacation – it’s your time to take as you please.
- Insurance – company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision insurance from great providers with an extended network of medical providers
- Complimentary Employee Meals – refuel daily with various options in our Employee Breakroom which also offers complimentary sodas, coffees, soft serve ice cream and more!
- Company matched 401K
- Eight Paid Holidays to include a Floating Holiday to be used as you wish
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Fun training and multiple parties throughout the year.
Click to learn more about this position!Apply Now