We're looking for you London!
Let's face it, it's a pretty tough recruitment market at the moment and it seems everyone is looking for that special someone. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV).
We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality. We can’t promise you marriage at first sight, but we think you'll kinda like us and want to stick around for a while.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Duty Manager at The Standard, London, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Duty Manager, under the direction of the Director of Rooms, you will oversee every aspect of our Hotel accommodation department during your shift. First and foremost, you will ensure that all of our individual room’s teams on duty work together and communicate effectively to create the ultimate experience for our guests. You will directly manage the daily operation with Front Desk, Guest services, Guest Experience and Bell teams and work in partnership with the Housekeeping to oversee all accommodation services on the day, making sure room allocations, VIPs and guest requests are arranged.
As a natural team leader, you remain calm during challenging situations whether it involves guest complaints, scheduling issues or staff members. No two days are ever the same and you will need to flexible to adapt to changing situations whenever they arise, be it a busy day, coordinating any maintenance issues with the property team, dealing with an emergency situation or supporting other areas of the hotel when issues arise.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Duty Manager role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a wider management team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Duty Manager at The Standard....
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You will need to be a confident and proactive self-starter and are ideally seeking an individual with a number of years’ experience in a senior Front Office role gained within the UK or International Hospitality industry. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Duty Manager / Assistant Front Office Manager or Guest Relations Manager ideally gained in a similar Luxury ‘Lifestyle’, boutique hotel sector or large hotel
- Highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards (familiarisation with Coyle Service standards is a bonus)
- Ability to coach and train your team
- Expert abilities in Opera, Knowcross, Squirrel and Microsoft Office
- Able to work on a 4 on 4 off on a rotation basis with occasional Night Holiday cover.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities