The Front Office Manager oversees all aspects of the front office areas which may include, but are not limited to guest registration, bell services, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
Director of Front Office
Front Office Staff
· All department managers
· Hotel guests/visitors, service providers, regulatory agencies
Qualifications and Requirements:
o Able to traverse spaces throughout building as necessary
o Able to work standing for a minimum of 8 hours a day
o Periodical bending, kneeling and stretching
o Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 50 pounds
o Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
o Ability to use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently/
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration
· At least 3 years work experience in Front Office/Guest Services
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan, and assign work. Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand and Company. Develop action plans to correct any deficiencies.
· Monitor inventory and report any discrepancies to Director, Front Office.
· Review and reconcile OTA’s commissions and submit to accounting department monthly.
· Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities, etc.
· Supervise car service offered by hotel and maintain hotel standards.
· Achieve budgeted revenues, control labor costs and expenses, and maximize profitability within all areas of the front office. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Maintain procedures for securities of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
· In coordination with Guest Relations department, develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency services.
· Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
· Assist with any Housekeeping needs as necessary.
· Interact with outside contacts: 1. Guests (to ensure their total satisfaction) 2. Regulatory agencies (regarding safety and emergency matters) 3. Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups)
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as EXEMPT (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is NOT subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.