The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
- Opens door
and greets as they enter and leave the hotel.
guests with carrying luggage during check-in and check-out. Safely and promptly delivers to and picks up
luggage from guest rooms.
- Tags and
places guest luggage in storage at guest request. Retrieves luggage for guests from storage.
- Explain and
promote hotel facilities, outlets, guest room features and services to guest
and provide information to guest regarding local attractions and activities.
guests with transportation by getting taxis or arranging car services. Opens car and taxi doors for guests.
- Parks and
retrieves cars from valet parking.
Communicates all guest valet information to Guest Service Agent.
runs errands for guests and delivers items to guest rooms.
- Accepts mail
for the hotel to be given to front desk.
Refers package deliveries to the front desk to be accepted and logged.
Occasionally deliver packages to guest rooms.
- Attends to
any special requests from guests.
appropriately to guest complaints.
Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with
- May regularly
inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties assigned which may include but is not limited to delivering guest mail/messages, packages etc.
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Performs any other duties, if capable, as requested by management
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- Periods of outside work
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Continuous contact with Guests
- Bending, kneeling, stooping
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming, and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s License
- Prior guest service work experience