Q&A with Floétique
1. What three words best describe Floétique?
- Flow: Our name derives from the Flow, an optimal state of body and mind consciousness, where both are seamlessly working together. A full sensory experience where you feel your best and perform your best.
- Ethique: French for ethical echoes our brand’s ethos of investing responsibly for the future of our planet and people. We are the first Athleisure brand in Asia Fair Trade Certified™ from inception.
- Poetic: Rhyming with Poétique in French, Floétique’s whole essence defines “Poetry of body, mind, and soul”.
2. What inspired your collaboration with The Standard?
The bold and fresh vibe of The Standard has always inspired us when visiting the New York location. Once The Standard Huahin opened, we reached out to the team and were excited to hear they were opening the Mahanakhon flagship.
3. What does sustainability mean to Floétique and the collection?
We built Floétique around 3 pillars of sustainable development: economic, social, and environmental. Prior to our inception, based on rigorous social, environment and economic standards we received our Fair Trade™ Certification. Fair Trade™ products support better lives and working environments for garment workers. We also design using premium Italian fabrics and sustainable, recyclable elements. One of our preferred fabrics is called Flocéan™ and is made from recycled fishnets and ocean waste. For the Standard x Floétique collection specifically, all our activewear styles are made from recycled plastic bottles. Around 15 plastic bottles make up for a pair of leggings. To avoid waste, we adopt a limited production approach and replaced the use of plastic in packaging with paper bags made with materials sourced from FSC™ certified forest (highest standards for forest management).
4. Tell us the strangest thing that happened while developing this collection.
It was raining cats and dogs on the day of our collection photoshoot. Bangkok was flooded and we were all stuck inside but luckily with lots of fruit props for our “Fruits de la Vie” concept. We all cheered with a banana and enjoyed a little fruit party on the set.
5. How do you want people to feel when wearing these new pieces?
We hope the design and function meet their expectations with feeling of high vibration from the colorful “Fruits de la Vie” collection. Additionally, we wish they feel proud to have made a better spending decision by buying a Fair Trade Certified™ item.