The Front Office Manager is responsible for the entire Front Office department, including but not limited to, the day-to-day operation of the Front Desk, Concierges, Guest Experience and Bell & Door teams. Responsible for budgets and cost control of the Front Office, ensuring excellence in Guest Services, exceeding guest expectations, training and developing staff and keeping a fun, motivating and engaging demeanor towards the team and other colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consider the guest experience in everything you and your team do, always be onstage and delight in offering the best assistance to our guests, and to create the special Standard experience.
- Share your
expertise, engage, supervise, and inspire all actions performed by the Front
Maintain financial awareness of rooms performance by continually reviewing top line revenues, implementing activities to drive sales and practicing sound cost control and waste measures in order generate profits.
- Oversee all Front Office expenditure and adhere to the established operating budget expenses and ensure that all costs are accounted for.
- Implement and manage Hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with brand standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution.
- Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with Department Heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
- Supervise the budgeting, payroll, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Front Office Department including: Front Desk, PBX, Guest Service, Concierge and Bell & Door.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
- Coordinates with other departments in the Hotel and maintains open communication with them to find better ways to serve the guests.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local regulations as applicable.
- To be instrumental in the running of the Hotel.
- To attend Management training and meetings as required.
- Maintain adequate inventories.
- Establish and maintain department operating procedures.
- Organize staff meetings and agendas monthly.
- Have a strong knowledge of all rates, room types, Hotel product, and major competition, to maximize yielding opportunities.
- Review VIP’s on arrival for daily morning meetings & compile daily VIP list.
- Monitor daily reservation bookings to track booking patterns, duplicate reservations, special rates, and unapproved rate overrides.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of related experience in an upscale, life style hotel operation. Hospitality Degree preferred.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English, multilingual preferred.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.