[Full time role, working 40 hours over 5 days a week]
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Canteen Assistant who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As Canteen Assistant you are responsible for running and maintaining our Staff Canteen. Hence you are in charge of supervising and overseeing the canteen, ensuring that each food service runs smoothly. You will also take care of cleaning and maintaining the canteen area, operating under the guidance of your Supervisor to ensure it is in inspection ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
You have a flexible and hands-on operational approach in order to prioritise work and stay composed under pressurised situations. And last but definitely not least, you present a positive and joyful attitude toward your team and colleagues in other departments.
Do you have what it takes to be a Canteen Assistant at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Canteen Assistant is always useful, all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need…
- A proven background with related experience preferred, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexibility approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings and weekends. This is a full-time role; however, we have many opportunities for those seeking a more flexible working schedule
- Good understanding of health and safety, manual handling and COSHH
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Canteen Assistant, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Uniform & onsite laundry service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities