The IT Manager is responsible for all aspects of the IT infrastructure and services supporting the property while maintaining highest security and compliance standards to protect data and systems. This role is responsible to provide user support and ensuring functional integration of network and LAN hardware components. Ensuring that all IT systems are functioning properly, maintaining IT contracts and maintenance schedule, and providing support for guestrooms and events.
IT Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network/Server Support (carriers, firewall, switches, wireless access points, servers)
- Requires strong TCP/IP skills and provisioning of VLANs
- Monthly review of security monitoring and network health
- Hotel Systems Support: PMS, POS, hotel applications and interfaces
- Ensure daily backups and annual restore testing
- Monthly reviews of server health
- Guestroom Technologies
- Access Control, WiFi, Phones, TVs
- Monthly review of guestroom technology support patterns/trends
- User/BOH Support
- Maintain DCs, AD and BOH servers
- Computer and printer support
- Monthly review of support trends
IT Managerial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement & Asset Tracking
- IT equipment selection and procurement
- Maintaining inventory
- Budget Management
- Manage CapEx and OpEx budgets
- Vendor/Contract Management
- Manage and track vendor relationships and contracts
- Enforce technology standards
- Maintains a positive presence throughout corporate office and at properties, including serving as an ambassador and role model of Standard Hotel’s vision and standards.
- Consistently identify, implement and reinforce IT standards, procedures and systems to ensure overall user satisfaction.
- Implement cost controls, such as knowing when vendor contracts expire and re-bid or shop for lower costs or more features.
- Maintain a superior understanding of IT standards and trends; guides and protects the user experience, constantly exploring the latest trends and opportunities for program growth and evolution.
- Effectively resolve operational challenges and issues.
- Ensure the highest level of integrity and accountability in all business dealings; serves as a role model for excellence in every situation. Follow through on all commitments.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the operations.
- Participate in educational and personal development activities on an ongoing basis.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with employees, guests, partners, shareholders and the community in which we operate.
- Maintain a positive attitude and constantly explore and implement ways to enhance employee and guest satisfaction.
- Prioritize and reinforce teamwork, mutual cooperation, preserve equity and cooperation and resolve conflict as needed.
- Communicate consistently, candidly and constructively to all stakeholder groups.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- At least five years of progressive experience in an IT support and management hotel industry. required; and a 4-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish, bilingual English preferred.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.