The Executive Chef is responsible for all aspect of the BOH restaurant areas and Kitchen, including but not limited to staff, food preparation, production, and quality, restaurant menus, budgeting, food costs, and compliance with health and safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads food production to ensure food reflects high standards of quality and taste and that they are served in a timely manner.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Leads by example, embraces The Standard culture and develops culinary team.
- Manages the resolution of all challenges and conflicts that arise in the kitchen.
- Effectively communicates with vendors, negotiates best prices.
- Responsible for approving all food items used by and prepared in the kitchen.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains food cost controls in line with budget.
- Modify and create new menus as needed (including seasonal changes) to remain relevant and innovative in the industry.
- Develop and implement training materials for new menu items created and rolled out.
- Sources local farm to table ingredients when possible.
- Performs many administrative duties such as scheduling and ordering.
- Responsible for training across all areas: Cooking methods, Hygiene practices, DOH compliance and other best practices.
- Oversees full kitchen team, including, payroll, hiring, training, positive reinforcements, employee evaluations, progressive discipline and terminations.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Organize staff meetings, trainings and agendas monthly.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, ensuring timely resolution.
- Resolving staff issues/concerns, ensuring follow up.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards as well as any local regulations.
- Prepare and maintain Kitchen budget.
- Ensures the efficient operation of food production.
- Analyzes cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within a set budget and adheres to time management.
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Ensure teamwork and proper communication with the front of house staff.
- Works closely with Events department on a regular basis regarding menus, food preparation, food costs, ensure that quality food service and product is delivered.
- Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service.
- Responsible for proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and Local health standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in a food focused environment.
- Ability to lead effectively in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to read and interpret a P&L report.
- Ability to understand and keep labor percentage in line with business demands.
- Proven track record of forecasting and budgeting, menu costing.
- Excellent culinary skills.
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Strong communication (both written and oral) in Spanish