The Revenue + Reservations Manager oversees the operations of revenue and reservations departments within their responsibility. The Revenue + Reservations Manager creates and maintains standards that maximize hotel revenue and uphold high ADR, occupancy, and RevPAR rates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee daily operations of revenue & reservations department.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Production of the weekly forecast reports for the property.
- Formulation and implementation of yield restrictions within the CRS and other channels.
& prepare rate & inventory recommendations for all volume account &
group business opportunities.
Analyze & produce recommendations on the timing & nature of promotions & specials.
- Price the hotel competitively on a daily weekly monthly basis for the short mid and long lead times.
- Assist the General Manager & Director of Sales and Marketing with the preparation of the annual room’s revenue budget, Sales and Marketing plan & annual pricing strategy.
- With the Director of Sales and Marketing, evaluate and maintain the hotel’s distribution channel strategy including all on and off-line channels.
- Oversee the inputting and maintenance of the company’s rate offerings across all distribution channels.
- Manage and improve the online booking functionality of all company owned websites.
- Preparation of monthly & ad hoc business reports
- Analyze & report on all demand impacting events into the city from all major markets.
- Oversee the building & maintenance of all rate codes & marketing fields within the CRS.
- Utilize business intelligence reports to support tactical & strategic decisions across all markets.
- Prepare reports & chair the weekly yield meeting & participate within the weekly Groups meeting.
- Assist with the implementation & maintenance of an automated revenue management system.
- Formulate & implement a demand-based pricing strategy.
- Involvement in ad hoc project management as required as part of the hotels management team.
- Effectively lead and motivate the department.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language.
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks.
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s.
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with The Standard policies, standards, and expectations.
- Guest-service oriented.
- Thorough understanding of global distribution channels.
- Excellent understanding and proven practical implementation of yield management.
- Analytically minded, strategically focused.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- College degree in hospitality, marketing, or business management.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- At least 4 years of revenue management work experience.