Gorgeous Sunsets on the water are the backdrop for this position! Seeking a dynamic Food & Beverage professional to oversee our Pool on the bay as Pool General Manager at the Standard Spa, Miami Beach.
As such you would manage the F&B operations of the adults only pool facility ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all in accordance with hotel established standards. This is executed through planning, organizing, communication, training and controlling the outlet's operations and costs.
Required skills and Qualifications:
• Previous work experience in a related position.
• Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures.
• Comprehension: Excellent command of the English language. Multi-lingual is helpful but not required.
• Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking and task prioritization skills.
• Service: Level of service consistent and uniform in accordance with established standard’s per SOP’s.
• Hygiene and Sanitation: adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s. Ongoing cleaning and maintenance of workstation according to established procedure.
• Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time. Attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled.
• Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, Miami policies, standards and expectations. While on the floor identify and report real or potential problem situations to Management immediately.
Overall Operational Duties
• Direct, manage, motivate and provide strategic leadership and direction for the pool outlet.
• Maximize revenues, profitability and control costs of the operations.
• Supervises the teams in their performance development.
• Maintain and enforce all company & departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance.
• Identify and create procedures and policies as it relates to the pool and dock areas.
• Follow and ensure the newly hired personnel are provided with our standardized training program for the department.
• Engage in monthly performance vs. budget and other goals as applicable.
• Continue to raise the quality of food and service in the food and beverage outlets.
• Ensure all management and employees within the Front of the House F&B Department are current with state licensing/certification of food and beverage handlers.
• Conduct performance appraisals and counsel/discipline Management and Staff as appropriate.
• Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
• Knows the hotel’s property amenities & marketing programs.
• Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
• Must effectively communicate and disseminate information to employees
• On going communication with the every department; maintains open and effective departmental relations
• Assigns operational responsibilities to subordinates and follows up
• Provides leadership and sets the examples. Inspires the team on a daily basis.
• Suggests ideas to the F&B Director for discussion and implementation
• Must be able to sieze, grasp, turn,and hold objects with hands
• Work with sharp objects in a safe manner
• Work around flammable materials
• Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes
• Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 50 pounds of force
• Occasionally kneeling, sitting, crouching and climbing
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers