The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while our garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
As a Laundry & Uniform Attendant at The Standard, London, you will become an integral part of our Housekeeping Team providing service to not only cater our hotel guests’ needs, but especially to members of our staff. All employees will have dedicated uniforms depending on the department or outlet they work in. It is up to ensure that they are maintained and cleaned up to standard for when a new employee starts working.
You will be fully trained to know all procedures relating uniforms, hotel linen and laundry processes. You are well organised in order to keep your uniform and laundry store structured and clear for you to work fast and efficiently.
Do you have what it takes to be a Laundry & Uniform Attendant at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Uniform & Laundry Attendant is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record as a Uniform & Laundry Attendant with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- To have exceptional administration and organisation skills with great attention to detail.
- Abilities in Knowcross and Microsoft Office is desireable
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Uniform & Laundry Attendant we’d love to meet with you.
- Have a flexible approach to being able to work various day shifts and across weekends
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £600
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities