Prep Demi Chef de Partie
We're looking for you London!
Prep Demi Chef de Partie - Mise en Place/ Prep, Decimo · Full Time, 7am - 6.30pm · 4 Days Week · 45 Hours per week [Tuesday - Saturday with fixed days off - Sunday & Monday + 1 other day] · Temporary accommodation available if relocating to London
Recently voted as one of London's Top 100 Restaurants; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.
We are now looking to grow our Decimo Kitchen team and are seeking diverse and dynamic individuals that are anything but standard! who will capture the very essence of this new London destination to join our team as a Prep Demi Chef de Partie (Mise en Place).
As a Prep Demi Chef de Partie (Mise en Place) at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional culinary and kitchen team that will provide an extensive food service across our rooftop bars, restaurant and roof terraces. You will of course be passionate about cooking, with an exceptional working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and proven knowledge of production and cooking techniques.
Finally, your extensive knowledge of the latest food trends and London restaurant scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate culinary experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be a Prep Demi Chef de Partie at The Standard, London
While prior experience as a Prep Demi Chef de Partie (Mise en Place) is always useful, your individuality is your most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging and you too will add a touch of your own personality and theatre to our guest experience while at the Standard.
With this in mind you will need to be upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks with ease. In addition to this you will also need…
- Prior experience as a Commis Chef or Demi Chef with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Confidence in Kitchen operations and the order of service
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- A relevant culinary qualification to a minimum of level 2 professional cookery and food hygiene certificate is required for these roles
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Prep Demi Chef de Partie (Mise en Place) within Decimo, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- 4 day week with set days off
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities