The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Marketing & Culture Coordinator who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos through the provision of a dedicated in-house marketing service.
As our Marketing and Culture Coordinator, you will be the backbone of the Marketing and Culture team – supporting and assisting our Marketing Director, Marketing Executive and Culture Team working in partnership with our senior team to deliver a diverse range of marketing initiatives and services for the hotel.
As our first international property outside the USA you will support the local marketing plan and assist in the development of key neighbourhood and London based partnerships (such as London Fashion Week, Frieze Art Week & Pride.) You will assist in delivering a range of events, programming and cultural benefits to The Standard and local Kings Cross communities (past examples include the Fashion East Anniversary Party, Dazed & Young Turks Halloween Party and Faboo TV series).
You’ll act as a community manager and planner for our social channels where you’ll post, share and respond to comments and messages in the Standard tone-of-voice. You’ll work with the Marketing Director and Marketing Executive to amplify these efforts on a paid and organic basis and help create engaging and exciting social content.
On a day to day basis you will support the wider Hotel, Restaurants and Bars with promotional campaigns and be the point of contact for all flyers, signs, newsletters etc and assist in the creation of inhouse collateral and materials. You will act in collaboration with the Marketing Director on brand campaigns and content including assisting and helping plan regular photo shoots across the property. You will work closely with our PR agency to coordinate photo or film shoots for media and act as a local contact on behalf of our New York Head office to manage all media and PR requests. You will also help with invoicing, budgets and calendars planning.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Marketing and Culture Coordinator role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high-volume, high-energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
Do you have what it takes to be our Marketing and Culture Coordinator at The Standard, London?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for marketing and be able to build genuine relationships with partners that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Marketing Coordinator or Assistant (or similar) with a good understanding of how an office works or an eagerness to learn!
- You are super organized, an amazing planner and able to manage lots of projects at once while seamlessly handling inbound requests from the team and leaders. A multi-tasker who is quick on their feet and happiest when busy.
- Experience in developing campaigns & content, partnerships and social media communications.
- Basic understanding of InDesign, photo shop and graphic design skills are essential
- You may have some hospitality experience however it’s not essential for this role; candidates with a background in similar culture-based industries such as music, arts, fashion, entertainment are particularly welcome
- Interest in events and openness to later working hours if we have an evening party or activation. (Hours back in lieu, of course!)
- Enthusiasm is mandatory so you’ll be highly motivated and pro-active within every interaction and come with plenty of ideas.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Marketing and Culture Coordinator, we’d love to meet with you.
- Flexible working environment
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with awesome monthly social activity calendar
- Dog friendly offices