The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Host/ Hostess who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As a Host/Hostess in our Ground Floor Restaurants, you will become part of an exceptional restaurant team that will provide an extensive food & drinks service across all of our Ground floor outlets including our bar, lounge, restaurant and garden terraces. You’ll be our guests’ all important first and last point of contact meeting them on arrival and escorting them to their tables, on hand to deal with their queries, provide information and oversee table plans. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations, reservations and order of service; along with a good understanding of managing guest lists, table return times, and flow of guests into and out of the outlets.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
At the heart of our hotels are of course our people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Host/Hostess at The Standard, London
While prior experience as a Host/Hostess is always useful, your individuality is your most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. With this in mind you will also need…
- Prior experience as a Host/Hostess or Restaurant Receptionist with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar high end Restaurant, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Be a confident in restaurant operations, reservations and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using Open table and Squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as Decimo operates a late night licence.
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Host/Hostess within our ground floor restaurants and bars, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities