The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Guest Service Agent who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As a Guest Service Agent, you will become part of an exceptional guest service and front office team that will engage with our guests from pre-arrival, throughout the guests stay to post departure. Primarily you will provide our guests with unparalleled level of hospitality, from a seamless arrival and departure experience, to extensive reception services, assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. You will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate guest experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be on hand to provide information on hotel services and most importantly, as their host, make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and can manage both detailed administration tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Guest Service Agent at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a Guest Service/ Experience Agent, Bell or Door Assistant, Guest or Customer Relations role with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- In addition to those with experience, we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Be able to multi-task
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using Opera, Delphi or Knowcross is advantageous however full training will be given
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Fluency in English is essential for this role, in addition to those speaking a second or third languages
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and occasional late-night work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities