The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for our Director of Security & Safety who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As our Director of Security & Safety you will be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety and ensuring the safety and security of all guest, personnel and property. Within your role you will manage a large security team which provide 24 hour coverage of the building and work in partnership with and report to our Director of Engineering to implement property wide legislation, policies and practices which deliver a safe and compliant environment with best practice in mind.
Your team will undertake a range of security duties and patrols around the premises on hand to deal with various safety incidents involving guests, contractors or staff and act as liaison with local law-enforcement, food safety and fire department agencies. Nightlife is a key area of our business and with several large late night bars, restaurants and terraces the Director of Security & Safety is a highly visible and operational role, on hand to support your team and our Security Manager for Nightlife with hotel operation on busy nights.
You will be passionate about delivering a quality Security service with a meticulous eye for detail, maintaining your team’s standards through coaching and training in order to achieve the highest levels of service and presentation; with an adaptive hands-on approach in order to lead, guide and continuously train a team of Security Officers & Nightlife Officers to become part of a professional and highly trained Safety & Security team that is anything but standard and ensures safety is at the forefront of everybody’s minds!
This is a key position within our management team and you will represent the hotel across notable industry and Security forums, work closely with the local police, transport, fire and safety services and ensure we have close working security relationships with our neighbouring businesses throughout the Kings Cross area.
Do you have what it takes to be our Director of Security & Safety....
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You will need to be a confident and proactive self-starter, able to work autonomously, as well as take direction, and as such we are ideally seeking an individual with a number of years’ experience gained in a senior Security & Safety role gained within the UK or International Hospitality industry.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Minimum of 5 years Security management experience ideally gained as a Security Director/Manager in a similar Luxury ‘Lifestyle’ or large 5 star hotel
- Candidates must have prior experience of working in the Late night / Nightlife industry (and be willing to support the operation during large events and parties).
- Highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing all aspects of Health & Safety
- preparing and managing accommodation budgets and controlling costs
- Ability to develop and deliver effective Health & Safety training; you will ideally qualified or working towards NEBOSH
- All candidates should also hold SIA Licence, Personal Licence, First Aid, CCTV control, Fire Marshal and be qualified to a minimum of level 2 in Health & Safety.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Director of Security & Safety we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities