Commis Waiter/Waitress, Decimo · Full Time · 40 Hours per week · Sunday & Monday off · £11.87 per hour
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Commis Waiter/Waitress to join our Decimo team who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As a Commis Waiter / Waitress you will become part of an exceptional restaurants team that will provide an extensive food & drink service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that are located in the hotel. You will help create an environment where you will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
As a Commis Waiter Waitress you’ll be largely responsible for Mise-en-Place, ensuring that your restaurant has sufficient quantities of cutlery and crockery for service and making sure it is staged accordingly to entertain our guests. During service you will assist the senior restaurant team in the service of food from the kitchen, delivering it to the appropriate section for service
Finally, and most importantly, you will be part of a team that adds a touch of personality and theatre to our guest experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Commis Waiter / Waitress at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Commis Waiter / Waitress is always useful, all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience in a similar role with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Commis Waiter / Waitress, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities