We're Looking for you London!
Commis Chef · £29,800 per year / £12.74 per hour · 45 Hour week over 5 days
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Commis Chef.
As a Commis Chef at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional culinary and kitchen team that will provide an extensive food service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that are located in the hotel.
While this is an entry level position you will of course be passionate about cooking, with a working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food production and cooking techniques so that you are able to support the senior kitchen team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Commis Chef at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Commis Chef is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Confidence in Kitchen operations and the order of service
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- If you are a recent graduate then a relevant culinary qualification to a minimum of level 2 professional cookery and food hygiene certificate is required for these roles
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Commis Chef, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities