The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while our garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Commis Chef.
As a Commis Chef at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional culinary and kitchen team that will provide an extensive food service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that are located in the hotel.
While this is an entry level position you will of course be passionate about cooking, with a working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food production and cooking techniques so that you are able to support the senior kitchen team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Commis Chef at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Commis Chef is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Confidence in Kitchen operations and the order of service
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- If you are a recent graduate then a relevant culinary qualification to a minimum of level 2 professional cookery and food hygiene certificate is required for these roles
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Commis Chef, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities